January 20, 2011

It's official!

I am writing this blog from my new cube at the Regional Internship Center on the South Side.

I started work here on Tuesday and since then:

I've gotten a run down on all the various social media outlets we use,
I've drafted my project plan and started thinking about how to get it really specific,
I've attended my first all-staff meeting of Coro Pittsburgh,
I've been introduced,
I've made small-talk,
I've tacked up my 2011 calendar,
I've commuted across the Smithfield Bridge in the gray morning and seen the frozen chunks of the river floating on top,
I've been thinking really big,
I've been thinking about how huge Coro's network really is,
I've posted my first entry on the Regional Internship Center's blog

So, probably after one more draft I'll post some of my project plan up here so you, dear reader, may get an idea of what I'll actually actually be doing. A lot of people have been asking me things like, "So tell me...what will you be, uh, doing?" And I can see how that is really a valid question. It's kind of a theme around here at the RIC to need a moderate amount of time to explain just what is it that we do. Explaining what the ITL is takes more time, and then if I have to come out on top of that, well...But, really, I think it's a good thing we'd really have to have a discussion to understand what we do here. It's hard to measure human interaction, social change, purpose and interconnectivity. I imagine I'll be working on a succinct quip until the end of the program. In the meanwhile--we're making connections here!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! We're so happy to have you here at Coro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first day[s]! I'm excited to read more about the latest happenings at Coro.

    Briana

    ReplyDelete