March 28, 2011

ITL on Positive Outlook with Nayck Feliz

Hi all! Last Thursday Mad and I got the opportunity to join Nayck Feliz, founder and host of Positive OUTlook, to talk to him about the Initiative for Transgender Leadership. Positive OUTlook is a community health and wellness program on OUT TV Pittsburgh (www.outonline.com) which broadcasts video 24/7 worldwide. Seriously, people are watching these shows from Saudi Arabia! After the live broadcast, programs are uploaded to the YouTube channel found by searching OutTVPittsburgh. I know it all seems confusing but they are doing some really cool things and you should check them out!

Once we got the hang of speaking loud enough for folks to hear us, we had a great time talking about the ITL and recent developments, the Regional Internship Center, and I shared a little of my own history and my current project. It's very weird to watch myself on the green screen and see how much I fidget and mumble and avoid eye-contact and how awkward I am...oh well.

Nayck is so friendly it was easy to talk to him regardless of my awkwardness and we even discovered mid-show that we had met before at the Steelers kick-off game & concert in '09!

Please check out the video below!

1 comment: